January 11, 2013

"BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD" | FRIDAY FILM

Beasts_of_the_Southern_Wild_Caps_1

Beasts_of_the_Southern_Wild_Caps_2

Beasts_of_the_Southern_Wild_Caps_3

Beasts_of_the_Southern_Wild_Caps_4

Beasts_of_the_Southern_Wild_Caps_5
All screencaps by Caitlin Plavala. I take no credit for this movie.

"Back when Daddy used to talk about Mama he says she was so pretty she never even had to turn on the stove. She would just walk into the room and all the water starts to boil."

"That's the most important thing I can teach y'all. You gotta take care of people smaller and sweeter than you ."

---

While this movie was visually stunning, and there were moments of great acting from even the smallest of actors, this movie left me feeling disappointed. It was disjointed, confusing, and at times - stupid. This movie was a flop for me. I talk more about my thoughts on the film in this week's FRIDAY FILM vlog. 

Video by Caitlin Plavala via Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment